Happy past and impending holidays! This year has been….Alright it’s only December 1, so I don’t have to write a year-end post yet, right? Good. This won’t be that.
This past month has been a challenge. I struggled with feels after rejections. I fought through more rounds of preschool grunge. I got just enough good news and found time with friends to keep me sane. I may not be on-track to sweep my goals for the year, but HOLY HECK I’ve accomplished a lot.
Two of the things I’ve accomplished include two lovely stories out in the real world. If you’re looking for works to nominate for any of the various writing awards, I’d be honored–of course–to have your consideration. “The Moon, the Sun, and the Truth” ran in Shimmer‘s July/August Issue 38. “Phalium arium ssp anams” aired as Cast of Wonders‘s episode 256, also in July. This is also my second year of eligibility for the Campbell Award.
With no further ado, here’s how this month stacked up for words.
- Words Written: 10,276 (YTD: 153,199 | 2017 Goal: 200,000+)
- Works Complete: 0 (YTD: 8 | 2017 Goal: 10)
- Submissions to Paying Markets: 3 (YTD: 79)
- Books Read: 2 (YTD: 26| 2017 Goal: 30)
- Short Story Rejections: 2 (1 personal).
- Two of my stories are officially in editors’ hold piles. Yay!
- Querying agents is hard. There will eventually be a whole post about this.
- I finished Part 1 of my new novel. I like it so far (that’s not always a given).
- I wrote 15 reviews for Publishers Weekly this year and I’m really proud of them.
- I’m on programming for both Arisia and Boskone! More on that soon!