Hey, guess what. That book I’ve been writing for almost three years? Yeah that one? Yeah I finished it. (Somewhere in the peanut gallery, someone shouts, “Again?!” To which I reply: “ITSTHEFOURTHDRAFTTHISISWRITINGHUSH.”)
It has been a highly consistent month of writing–I was either revising or writing all but four days this month–and it shows. The novel revision is done. The novella revision is so close. I got a new story out this month. And though the wins never come quite often enough to beat the brain weasels back entirely, I’ve been reminded again and again that friends and family help beat back the rest. The successes this month, the ending on a high note: that’s because I put the work in and because when it didn’t make enough of a difference I had good people there to remind me that I put the work in. So if you were one of those people, thank you.
- Words Written: 4,281 (YTD: 116,508 | 2017 Goal: 200,000+) Concerned that this bullet has been low for months? Yeah, me too, but that’s only because I’ve been revising and bumbling about with flash. Just wait till I start the next novel.
- Works Complete: 1 (YTD: 8 | 2017 Goal: 10)
- Submissions to Paying Markets: 6 (YTD: 58)
- Books Read: 3 (YTD: 16 | 2017 Goal: 30)
- My story “The Moon, the Sun, and the Truth” over at Shimmer has gotten some great reviews (links on my bibliography page!)
- 7 rejections this month, with 2 gut-wrenching, celebrate-the-honorable-loss personals
- This is big so I need to say it again: I FINISHED REVISING THE BOTANZIER!
- I started revising my friendly-contest-among-pros-winning novella and it’s…really guys, it’s good. I can’t wait to share it.
- Still fundraising read a bit more here.
- Days I’ve written/revised this month: 27/31 (Does another victory lap)
- Days written since the inauguration: 150/222
- Longest streak: 31 days (SO CLOSE)
So what’s on the docket for next month? Botanizer-related stuff that I’ll share in one big post (or maybe a series) at some point; sending out the novella to a few sensitivity and beta readers; and starting the next big project. I’ll keep you posted!