Hello 2017 Hump Day! How are we already halfway through this year? Oh, right: we’ve been working our tushes off!
Here’s how things stand with my writing goals:
- Words Written: 2,011 (YTD: 107,810 | 2017 Goal: 200,000+)
- Works Complete: 1 (YTD: 6 | 2017 Goal: 10)
- Submissions to Paying Markets: 5 (YTD: 42)
- Books Read: 1 (YTD: 12 | 2017 Goal: 30)
- I have a story publishing tomorrow! Shimmer Number 38 will be live by morning and available for purchase. Expect a post with links and the GORGEOUS cover tomorrow.
- 2 new stories submitted, 2 rejections (both forms, #sadtrombone)–including my FIFTIETH REJECTION (#allrejoicing)
- I did not finish Botanizer revisions, but I’m moving along reasonably well. This is all hard, scary stuff at this point but the manuscript will be far better for it. My word-count has been low this month since I’m doing a lot of cutting and re-writing in the next draft and I’m not counting that for/against my goal for the year.
- My novella-in-progress took first place in my division on Codex! Huzzah! It was a big ego boost to hear my peers praise it and raise great concerns with my first draft. Now I’m doing my research so I get everything really, really right when I tackle revisions (after Botanizer, I promise).
- I finished a short story and critiqued it with my writing group! I still need to revise it, but I love it and where it’s going.
- Days I’ve written/revised this month: 13/30
- Days written since the inauguration: 96/160
- Longest streak: 31 days
So here’s some straightforward info about this year to-date:
- 2 short fiction sales
- 6 complete works
- 4 short stories, revised/submitted
- 1 novella
- 1 novel
- 12 books read
- 42 submissions to paying markets
- 2 acceptances
- 34 rejections
- 27 form/lower tier
- 7 personal/higher-tier
- 50th lifetime rejection achieved
- 107, 810 words written.
This all feels really good. As much as I’ve struggled to get my butt in the chair this month for all sorts of absolutely legitimate #life reasons, I’m doing good work. And my productive months really outweigh the months I struggle. So it’s all a matter of getting back to it when I can.
Don’t forget to check back tomorrow for links to Shimmer!