This month was more than a little crazy. There was a death in the family. I struggled through some tough stretches with my kid. And I got off on the wrong foot with a story that just ate away at me. None of that is good for work ethic. That said, until I got the worst news of the month last week, I was actually on-target for my meager word count goal and had found my footing again. Here’s to getting back on the horse again this week and month!
- Words Written: 12,297 (YTD: 87,010 | 2017 Goal: 200,000+)
- Works Complete: 0 (YTD: 3 | 2017 Goal: 10)
- Submissions to Paying Markets: 7 (YTD: 32)
- Books Read: 1 (YTD: 8 | 2017 Goal: 30)
- 7 rejections (1 personal)
- Revisions to Botanizer have been slow, but I’ve got a pile of interlibrary loan books to get through and it’s my top priority this month.
- A major source of words this month was a novella I’m writing for the Codex Novella Contest. I’m really loving what I have, but it’s not a full novella yet and I have (checks calendar) two weeks in which to finish it. Time to bite my nails…
- Days I’ve written this month: 13/30
- Days written since the inauguration: 60/100
- Longest streak: 31 days
May is my refocus month. I want the novella and a short story done. And I want to make measurable headway on Botanizer. There’s too much to do and not enough time to do it. We’ll see how it goes…
BUT: Look for more news! And soon!