This month’s round-up is the perfect example of why I need these. I had some big wins early on, but a slow week has gotten me into a funk. So let’s review the month and scare off some brain-weasels, shall we?
- STORY SALE: I will write a whole post for this when I know for sure when it will publish, but I sold “The Moon, The Sun, and the Truth” to Shimmer (yes SHIMMER, #squee) this month! I couldn’t be more proud of this little former-flash future-Western-dystopia that I wrote for the Codex Weekend Warrior flash contest in January. If you were at my Boskone reading in February, you heard it. Expect to see it later this year.
- Words Written: 17,211 (YTD: 74,713 | 2017 Goal: 200,000+)
- Works Complete: 1 novel! #Brains is done and with a few readers! (YTD: 3 | 2017 Goal: 10)
- Submissions to Paying Markets: 5 (YTD: 27)
- Books Read: 0 — but only because I beta-read two novels for friends (YTD: 7 | 2017 Goal: 30)
- 2 rejections (both forms) and 1 SALE
- Of my 7 active submissions, 4 have been bumped from slush/are in editors’ hold piles
- Did I mention that I finished #Brains? I’m quite happy with the result, draft though it is.
- My critique for Botanizer was amazing. Revising has been slow–partly because revising is slow and partly because life.
- Days I’ve written this month: 13/31
- Days written since the inauguration: 47/69
- Longest streak: 31 days
Still wanting to get a short written, revised, and submitted by the end of April, but I’ll be tackling a novella mid-Botanizer revisions so…we’ll see?