Twenty-eight days of work. Twenty-eight days of not taking any downtime for the sake of downtime. This has been a good month.
- Words Written: 33,543 (YTD: 55,981 | 2017 Goal: 200,000+)
- Works Complete: 1 flash piece finished, revised, and submitted! (YTD: 2 | 2017 Goal: 10)
- Submissions to Paying Markets: 9 (YTD: 22)
- Books Read: 4 (YTD: 7* | 2017 Goal: 30) *I think I missed a book in my January report
- 7 rejections (1 personal)
- Attended Bokone 2017 as a panelist and moderator! Best Boskone yet for me!
- I did take those days and one for prep off of writing, in part because what little down-time I had was given to ELF. But I’m okay with that. That was work, but it wasn’t writing. I’m proud that I got back to it with no hesitation. That’s how it should be.
- I interviewed author Meg Howrey and the Q&A appeared in Publishers Weekly! I’ve got a few more of these in the work beyond the reviews I’ve been doing for them.
- Codex Weekend Warrior 2017 wrapped. I wrote 4/5 stories and have revised and subbed 2 of those 4 already this year. Very pleased with the other 3 ideas that came from the contest, and they’re in my queue. I’ll definitely play again next year, and I’m going to shoot for finishing all 5 stories.
- I’ve entered #PitchMadness! Just a good way to get myself prepped for everything that comes next for Botanizer.
- Speaking of Botanizer, my critique is next Sunday. #dyingofbrainweasels
- I ended January with 13k written in #Brains, my jaunty drivel project that has nothing to do with zombies. This month, that MS us up to 45k and counting!
- Days I’ve written this month: 24/28
- Days written since the inauguration: 34/38
- Longest streak: 31 days
A note for March and April: I’ll be moving away from hard-and-fast metrics as I revise. My big goals: 1) Finish #Brains, 2) Revise Botanizer, 3) get a short story written, revised, and submitted.