It’s been an exhausting month. I can’t even do justice to digesting what’s going on politically. These benchmarks don’t mean a lot in the global sense, but they prove that I’m writing and writing means resisting and that’s something.
- Words Written: 20,077 (2017 Goal: 200,000+)
- Works Complete: 1 flash piece finished, revised, and submitted! (2017 Goal: 10)
- Submissions to Paying Markets: 13
- Books Read: 2 (2017 Goal: 30)
- Attended Arisia 2017 as a panelist and moderated my first-ever panel!
- 9 rejections (3 personal)
- Codex Weekend Warrior contest almost finished! For those not in the know: We spend 5 weekends writing a flash story then vote/critique before the next weekend begins. It’s my first year, so there’s been an interesting learning curve. But I’m 1) enjoying myself, 2) producing, and 3) looking forward to doing it again. Of the 4 pieces I’ve written so far, I’ve subbed 1 (see above), need to expand another a little more, and need to expand a third a LOT. The forth is being read this week, so we’ll see!
- The secret jaunty drivel project known as #Brains is going well. At just under 13k, it’s not as far along as I’d have liked, but HEY it’s progressing and I like it.
- Days I’ve written this month: 29/31
- Days written since the inauguration: 11/11
- Longest streak: 16 days (and counting)
All in all, I’m pretty damn pleased with my progress.